Founded in 1891, the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia is a BC health regulator that ensures the public receives safe and effective pharmacy care by registering and regulating pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and by licensing community and hospital pharmacies across BC.
We are seeking a full-time Freedom of Information & Records Officer. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is based in Vancouver and is responsible for responding to freedom of information requests and to assist the Records Management & FOI Coordinator with records management functions of the College office.
Essential Duties Include:
- Managing and responding to Freedom of Information requests from intake to response.
- Reviewing all relevant Freedom of Information paper and electronic records; and liaising with legal counsel to ensure records are properly redacted.
- Preparing all severed Freedom of Information records.
- Liaising with all parties, including the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for any time extensions.
- Managing daily administration of records management system and processes including but not limited to retrieving information; researching and extracting records; monitoring electronic filing structure and records of departments to ensure data integrity of College’s database.
- Compiling statistics and reports on activities within records management services.
- Assisting with the implementation of records classification, retention and disposal scheduling plans.
- Developing records inventories and maintaining indexes for classification systems.
- Assisting with labelling, preparing and transferring information files.
- Maintaining access lists for security classified records; setting up and managing user groups to ensure appropriate access to and use of directories.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in records management and/or Freedom of Information with a university degree or college diploma.
- Strong understanding of FOIPPA legislation.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experienced working with SharePoint or other content management systems.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong detail orientation and drive for accuracy but able to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment.
- Discreet and diplomatic when dealing with confidential issues.
Salary & Benefits
The College provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a defined benefit pension plan. We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth; strive for work-life balance; and provide an excellent and challenging work environment where innovation, teamwork and creativity are highly valued.
College’s Diversity Commitment
Equity and diversity are important to the College. We encourage applications from members of various minority groups or groups that have been marginalized under the BC Human Rights Code including race, religion, place of origin, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, political belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, April 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.