The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS) is hiring a student for a paid position from May 1 – Aug 31.
Salary: $17.09 per hour
Commitment: up to 20 hours per week for a total of 300 hours
Apply by April 19, 2018 at https://ubc-csm.symplicity.com/index.php/ and search for job ID 848158 or job title WL S18 G+PS Recruitment (Lead) Ambassador – Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
G+PS is responsible for the recruitment, admission, support and graduation of approx. 10,000 graduate students who attend UBC annually. Within G+PS there are a number of administrative units and programs. The G+PS Recruitment (Lead) Ambassador will work predominantly with the Communications and Strategic Initiatives (CASI) team. Some overlap is expected with other Work Learn students in the unit working on communication tasks.
The CASI team is responsible for the Faculty’s communications, student recruitment, data analysis and strategic uses of technology. As a central support unit G+PS supports more than 70 departments in their recruitment efforts and helps establish, communicate and implement various recruitment tactics across the university. The unit delivers training and workshops to dozens of program administrators in these various units and maintains central databases on mobility trends and markets. It provides data and intelligence information to other units to support their recruitment initiatives.
The G+PS Recruitment Lead Ambassador will lead the development of a volunteer recruitment ambassador program to support the graduate student recruitment initiatives of UBC. Duties include:
- developing a training plan for volunteer ambassadors, including writing a training manual
- establishing relationships with key departmental units to coordinate volunteer ambassador activities
- recruiting, interviewing and selecting volunteers for ambassador program
- training and providing ongoing support for volunteer ambassadors
- providing input on a schedule for a webinar series targeted at prospective students
- working with volunteers on content development for recruitment webinars
- participating and supporting the delivery of recruitment webinars
- supporting the organization of recruitment workshops for program administrators and recruiters
- organizing local outreach events in collaboration with academic units
- researching student mobility trends and maintaining the country-information database
- supporting execution of recruitment and communication initiatives
- analyzing and evaluating effectiveness of the ambassador program and institute changes if required
- working in collaboration with communications team on preparation of recruitment materials
- distributing recruitment materials (digital and paper) to partners worldwide
- other small projects as required.