Records Officer, Temporary > 7 Months
Administrative Officer R18
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
The LDB’s Information, Privacy and Access (IPA) services department is responsible for records management, privacy and access activities at the Liquor Distribution Branch head and area offices, 2 distribution centres and 198 retail stores throughout the province. This section develops branch-specific policies and procedures, and ensures compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Information Management Act, the Core Policy Manual and associated central agency directives.
Reporting to the Manager, Information, Privacy and Access, the Records Officer is the Liquor Distribution Branch’s (LDB) subject matter expert – authoritative voice – on the branch’s electronic records and document management system (EDRMS) and Corporate Records Management System (CRMS). This position provides leadership, expert records management advice, support and training to LDB staff on internal policies and industry records management best practices and principles including classification, storage, security, inventory, retrieval, retention and destruction of records in physical and electronic format and guides staff to achieve full utilization of the branch’s records management systems.
The Records Officer manages the LDB’s multi-media RIM program, including classification, storage, security, inventory, retrieval, retention and destruction of records in physical and electronic formats. The Records Officer also manages the day-to-day workflow of the EDRMS system, including overseeing internal client requests, resolving technical issues and finding efficiencies.
The Records Officer gives recommendations to the Manager of Information, Privacy and Access regarding records management strategic direction, priorities, policies, guidelines and procedures at the LDB.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary opportunities may be established.
HOW TO APPLY:
**Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.**
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
- Degree or diploma, combined with a minimum of 1 year of work experience managing and administering an electronic records management program OR
post-graduate degree in information, archival or library studies.
- Experience administering an electronic records management program in an organization with multiple departments.
- Experience drafting business documents.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Specialized knowledge of EDRMS (Electronic Documents Records Information Management System) theory and practices
- Knowledge of the Information Management Act and other policies and procedures related to the principles of Records Management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of information technologies
- Understanding of measures and metrics in assessing department performance
- Knowledge in using measures and metrics to assess department performance
- Ability to lead, educate and support staff members and develop and implement staff training programs.
- Ability to impart, orally and in writing, records management theory and practice to staff at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve EDRMS related issues by effective use of software and other information management resources
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
Contact: Manami Calvo, Manager of Information, Privacy and Access
Phone: 604 252-3011
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
The BC Public Service is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. As part of that commitment, we welcome and support diverse talents throughout our organization. For more information on how diversity works in the BC Public Service, please visit our diversity page.
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
This posting is now live and can be found at the following link:
PSA External Posting