Do you want to be part of a team that is changing our community for the better?
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation (VHF) is recruiting a Fundraising Analytics Officer to join our team. This part-time*, permanent position reports to the Manager, Fundraising Operations and plays a key role on the Development team.
Our ideal candidate embraces technology, has an aptitude for data analysis, has experience working in the not-for-profit sector, has excellent organizational skills and is able to work independently and as part of a team. Central to this role is the coordination, analysis, and use of fundraising data to support strategies of the Victoria Hospitals Foundation. Task management will be key as this position, within the fundraising operations portfolio, will work cross-departmentally with both the development and finance teams.
Essential to this role are:
- Deep knowledge of data analysis and interpretation and the ability to communicate the story behind the numbers to a variety of audiences
- Proven prospect research or other research experience
- Proficiency at prioritizing and managing diverse and changing projects
- Prior exposure to a variety of fundraising appeals including direct mail, major gift relationship fundraising, and events
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience using Raiser’s Edge software, or a comparable relational database
- An analytical mindset
- Experience with SQL database use and design
- A degree, diploma or certificate in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Personal integrity, sound judgment, a donor-centred orientation and a sense of humour will contribute to success in this position. The Foundation is looking for someone who is a team player and self-starter, has keen attention to detail, is creative and reliable, and accomplishes a high volume of tasks quickly and efficiently. If this all sounds like you then we’d like to receive your cover letter and resume.
The Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. By joining an organization honoured as one of Canada’s Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, you will enjoy a successful, highly productive, entrepreneurial office that cares deeply about our cause, our donors, and our volunteers.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and resume in confidence by 4:30pm, April 9, 2018 to Alec McKay, Manager, Fundraising Operations.
*Part-time at 22.5 hours per week, with the potential to become a full-time, permanent position in the future.
For more information, please refer to the key responsibilities in the Position Summary below.
Reporting to the Manager, Fundraising Operations, the Fundraising Analytics Officer provides valuable insights through data analysis and prospect research to help guide the fundraising appeals and campaigns of the organization.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Performing detailed data analysis of our fundraising campaigns and appeals
- Conducting prospect research on new and existing donors
- Generating and reviewing accurate donor lists for a variety of initiatives
- Supporting the maintenance of donor records within the Raiser’s Edge database
- Documenting donor management system processes
- Creating, maintaining, and producing lists, reports, and analytical dashboards for each appeal to assist our front-line fundraisers