Jewel Pang

BLOG #5: CAPCON 2016

While attending the annual Coordinated Arts Programs Conference  (CAPCON 2016), I was struck by the complexity of the work done…

BLOG#4: 1989

Taylor Swift, as a successful artist and famous figure, has the means to distribute her music and the messages within….

BLOG #3: Suri, Jeanie & Ben

Celebrities are uniquely exposed to public attention with regular coverage of their lives in the media.  Their children, by extension,…

BLOG #2: Hybridity

The concept of juggling multiple socially constructed identifications is analyzed is many discourses.  Cultural hybridity, ‘living on the hyphen’ (Wah…

BLOG #1: Shit My Dad Says

In the realm of biographical writing there are possible issues of consent and representation of others.  In “Friday essay: Can…

BLOG #5: Facebook

Of all the popular social networking sites, Facebook is undoubtedly the favourite.  Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Pinterest, for example, have…

BLOG #4: Jenna Marbles & Counter-stories

With the corresponding rise of social media and autobiographical representation there follows rise of the combination- autobiographical representation in social…

BLOG #3: Steve Jobs

The purpose of life narratives has gone beyond mere storytelling in our society.  The stories that circulate are carefully designed…

BLOG #2: David Suzuki

As my eyes screened the UBC Bookstore Biography shelf my mind was remarkably unenthusiastic.  I wanted to write this blog…

The very first thing I learned when I began my life at UBC was the proper way to meet new people….

© 2021 Jewel Pang. Theme by Anders Norén.