[04.26] The Spark ECE Conference

Full speed ahead!

Having experienced the first two days. I now have a better idea of the projects that I’ll be a part of over the course of my CFE. I am finding that organization and keeping an eye on the clock is essential to staying on time and keeping my commitments. So far, I have been pretty good at this.

Immediately on the horizon is a meeting with Wendy, the TLEF administration and technology support staff. We consulted with a graduate student who was part of the Spark Early Childhood Development conference planning committee who had a very specific set of needs for the conference.

We were tasked to create collaborative and sharing spaces on Padlet.com for delegates to document their experiences throughout the conference, as well as to offer feedback over the two days. In addition to supporting the use of padlets, we created a handout for delegates to keep in order to access these walls.

In addition to finishing a product that was accessible and functional to learners, I worked collaboratively with another staff member to complete these deliverables. I got to experience how the creative process can address real needs in education through the use of technology. I thought a lot about what the conference organizers would feel comfortable handing out, and what they would be happy with.