Embers

Juma Orach

Seattle times

February 2018: “In Vancouver, discover University of British Columbia‚Äôs delightful attractions” I was involved in a photograph featured in a…

Effects of phthalates on gut bacteria

Phthalates are organic chemicals used as plasticizers in a wide range of food packaging, containers, and other household plastic objects….

Investigating the Effects of Bis (2-Ethylhexyl Phthalate (DEHP) on the Growth of Escherichia coli Strain BL21

Abstract SUMMARY Phthalates (also known as phthalate esters) are organic chemicals used as plasticizers in a wide range of food…

Humans of Vancouver (UBC)

I had the honor of sharing a piece of my story through the Humans of Vancouver (previously known as Humans…

Warrior in the white coat

Back in the battle against infectious disease.. 2017 summer found me back in Uganda, and back at the Infectious Disease…

A rat’s tale

Through the academic lab.. My initial expectations of the Microbiology and Immunology (MBIM) major at UBC were rife with laboratory-based…

Growing into a UBC ambassador

The University of British Columbia (UBC) has two main campuses which offer similar quality of education, but different programs and…

Professional development

Small town, big dreams

WHEN THE JINGLE BELLS RANG. Last Christmas, I had the opportunity to travel to Westerville Ohio for the holidays. Dr….

The presidential pit stop 2017

BREAKFAST WITH THE PRESIDENT 2.0 This year, I was selected to attend the annual leadership recognition event at the Robert…

© 2018 Embers. Theme by Anders Norén.