Research

My research focuses on landscape response to climate change, from the recent past to the long term. Some of my current research projects focus on quantifying glacier change in response to warming climate and warming oceans, the landscape response to changing glacier dynamics, and the effects of climate change on natural hazards and meltwater resources in BC, Patagonia, Antarctica, Greenland and the Himalayas. I am fascinated with all rates of geomorphic change, particularly the effects of humans on the landscape and how we compare to other natural geomorphic agents such as glaciers and rivers.

Current Research ProjectsIMG_4468

• Assessing rates of glacial, fluvial and anthropogenic erosion
  • Glacier erosion, ice dynamics and climate change from temperate to polar systems
  • Ice-sediment-ocean interactions from the outlet glaciers of western Greenland shapeimage_2
  • Recent landscape dynamics and paraglacial landscape relaxation due to glacier shrinkage 
  • Glacier melt runoff and response to climate from debris-covered glaciers in the Indian Himalaya 
  • Glacier retreat, iceberg calving, proglacial lake storage and streamflow  at Bridge Glacier, BC
  • Physiographic signatures of the climate change
  • Climate-change adaptation and resilience of high mountain communities
  • Critical physical geography: contextualizing geomorphology