Team Members

Amanda Turner                                                                                                                      I grew up in Burnaby, but am I am currently living in Kitsilano, completing my third year of UBC Dietetics and loving every moment of it! I am really passionate about reducing food waste in Vancouver so I am excited to be a part of such an important project. I love country music, food, meeting new people and being active outdoors, (especially my morning runs along the beach!). I am happiest when I am eating good food surrounded by my amazing friends and family.

Diana Chen
Hello everyone, my name is Diana Chen. I immigrated to Canada in 2003 when I was in grade five. Right now I am a UBC third year student and completing my bachelor degree in Food Nutrition and Health. LFS 350 is a very unique and special course teaching us issued of the food system, helps us to connect what we learned in class and lead us walk into community. This course allows me to practice my communication skill, teamwork manner, and presentation skill.

Eunice Lu
My name is Eunice. I am a third year LFS student major in Nutritional Science. As an international student, the study of LFS350 for me constantly involves the comparison and reflection of the different food systems I experienced and I benefit a lot from this kind of critical thinking. I enjoy my life here in Vancouver and I have the passion to make this city better. This CBEL project provides me with a great opportunity to work together with my colleagues, who have the same enthusiasm in land and food, to make some improvements for the city.

Jill Lin
I grew up in Taiwan and immigrated to Canada in 2006. I am currently living in Burnaby and completing my third year of Food, Nutrition and Health program at UBC. While taking LFS 350, I begin to understand the importance of food recovery and food waste, and hope I can make a change or contribution in Vancouver by participating in this project. In my spare time, I love listening classical music, watching movies, cooking in simply and healthy way, and going out and trying new cuisine or food with my friends and family.

Olivia Curl
My name is Olivia Curl and I was born and raised in North Vancouver. I am currently completing my third year in the Dietetics Program at UBC. This LFS 350 course gives great insight into group work and presentations as well as the issues associated with our food system, all of which can greatly complement the Dietetics profession. When I’m not reading LFS 350 articles, I am usually hanging out at a coffee shop with friends, going for a jog or spending time with my family.

Philip Ngo
I am currently completing my 3rd year at UBC studying Nutritional Science. I am a very health conscious and active person. When I’m not studying I like to play sports such as basketball and volleyball, and during the winter I enjoy snowboarding at Whistler. LFS 350 is an eye opening course which gets us to really think about our food system critically!

Stephanie Goh
My name is Stephanie Goh and I was born and raised in the suburbs of the lower mainland (specifically Burnaby and Coquitlam) . I am a 3rd year in the FNH program and looking to apply to the Dietetics program. Being in this LFS 350 class has introduced me to topics that I am actually quite interested in . One being related to the project I’m doing as well: Food recovery. It feels good to know that our group will be a step towards reducing food waste in a city that is so large. My favorite places to hang is in the Agora space which where you’ll find me 80% of the time!