UBC Affiliated Fellowships
The UBC Affiliated Fellowships doctoral competition runs in concert with the university-adjudicated Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS-D) competition. Students who submit an NSERC, SSHRC, or CIHR doctoral award application are eligible for open Affiliated Fellowships and do not need to submit a separate Affiliated Fellowships application. To be considered for criteria-based affiliated fellowship(s), students should submit this checklist to their graduate program.
Those applying only for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship must submit a separate and complete Affiliated Fellowships application in order to be considered.
Updated Affiliated Fellowship competition information and application/reference forms are available at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/affiliated-fellowships-doctoral-program
Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships-Doctoral (CGS-D)
Applicants applying through UBC will either be:
- currently registered in, or are on an approved leave of absence from, a degree program at UBC
- not currently registered in but was registered at any other time during the year of application in a degree program at UBC
Application will continue to be submitted via each of the agency platforms. The application portals are now open and applicants may begin preparing their applications.
- CIHR: ResearchNet(application instructions)
- NSERC: On-Line System(application instructions)
- SSHRC: On-Line System(application instructions)
For application, nomination, and adjudication procedures that are specific to UBC, please visit: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-doctoral-cgs-d-program
UBC Deadlines for the Tri-Agency CGS / Affiliated Fellowships Doctoral Competitions
- Applicant deadline: 4 PM on Tuesday, 17 September 2019
- Graduate program deadline: 4 PM on Friday, 11 October 2019