As part of the Macmillan elevator refurbishing project, an aging and non-code compliant transformer cable that services the elevator will need to be replaced. In order to do this work, the electrical service to the building will be shut down on Sunday August 17th from 6:00AM to 10:00 AM. This will affect the building users in the following ways:
- No one will be allowed in the building during the shutdown.
- Freezers: Freezers are generally ok with a 2 to 4 hour shutdown.
- Research equipment: Please let us know if you have any research equipment that cannot be without power for that time. Keep in mind that although we are asking for 4 hours, in reality the work may get done more quickly.
- Fumehoods: Users will need to make sure all containers are tightly capped, and that the sashes are closed. Please make sure this gets done before end of day Friday August 15th.
- Electronic equipment: It is recommended that you turn off all electronic equipment when leaving for the weekend on Friday August 15th.
Please call or email with any concerns you may have. Any delays in getting this work done will delay getting the elevator running again. Martin Hilmer at: email@example.com