You are invited to the LFS TA Training Orientation! This event is for new and returning TAs for both Term 1 and Term 2.
If you will be TAing in LFS in any capacity in the 2014/2015 year, the Faculty STRONGLY encourages your attendance. The Orientation Day will also include an informational session run by the TA Union, CUPE 2278, which is mandatory for all UBC teaching assistants.
At the orientation, you will become familiar with:
- Resources on campus that can be used to build your teaching skills
- Key people and policies relevant to the TA role
- The expectations of you as a TA and what you can expect in your position
- How to best manage or respond to potential challenging classroom situations
- Strategies for working in a multidisciplinary courses that are group work focused
Date: Tuesday September 9th
Sign-In and Coffee: 9:30 am
Sessions: 10am – 3:30pm
Where: AGORA CAFE, MacMillan Building (2357 Main Mall)
**Free morning coffee, lunch, and midafternoon refreshments provided.
Register here before Tuesday September 2nd at midnight, for planning and catering purposes.
If you have any questions or are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.