The FAO’s Nutrition Education and Consumer Awareness Group is seeking a School Nutrition Consultant, based at FAO Headquarters in Rome.
- Carry out a review and prepare an inventory of integrated school nutrition programmes (comprising school meals, nutrition education, school gardening, etc.) and related activities and projects in FAO and the regional offices for the purpose of improved collaboration and coordination.
- Convene a working group among all integrated school nutrition stakeholders in FAO HQs and Regional offices to share experiences and lessons, and identify best practices for sharing with interested stakeholders.
- Assist with convening meetings with school nutrition stakeholders and partner agencies to establish collaboration (also with a view to collaboration regarding the High Level Task Force on Global Food Security and Zero Hunger Challenge).
- Based on south-south collaboration with Brazil in Latin America, and other ongoing initiatives related to school feeding, nutrition education in schools, the nutrition of the school aged child, and farm-to-school programmes, prepare a concept note on FAO’s role and comparative advantage on integrated school nutrition programmes, as well as promotional materials.
- Promote FAO’s work on school nutrition in the context of the Milan Expo 2015.
- Support the implementation, and provide technical assistance to Project GCP/RAF/483/BRA – Strengthening School Feeding Programs in African Countries, especially regarding liaison with Brazilian partner agencies and RAF.
- Carry out country missions and support member countries in the development and implementation of integrated schoolnutrition activities and programmes.
- Carry out other related activities as required.
Please review the full job description for additional information. The closing date for applications is August 8, 2014.