- SCI-Science/Business, MATH-Business Administration, All Business (unspecified)
- SCI- (unspecified), ARTS-(unspecified)
Levels: Intermediate, Senior
Comments: All applicants must be NSERC eligible and have a minimum 70% grade average. Must possess a valid driver’ license and have regular access to a vehicle.
The Product Development Technician assists with and has the opportunity to independently develop baked goods from lab scale to plant scale manufacturing.
The successful candidate covers a variety of responsibilities ranging from implementing and enforcing proper bake lab GMPs, assisting in baking a variety of baked good products, and assisting with and conducting plant trials independently. They must be able to work under directions provided by their assigned supervisor. They must also be able to work well with other departments, including Operations, Purchasing, and Marketing, and may even include sales representatives from supplier companies.
The individual will report into a Product Developer but assists the entire team which provides a great level of exposure on both the development and business side of projects.
- Exposure to the innovation process and industry baking trends.
- First-hand interaction with cross-functional teams including marketing, operations, innovation and quality assurance.
- Exposure to a positive Canadian corporate environment, with a strong commitment to people development and teamwork.
- Depending upon the length of stay, an opportunity for active participation in an effective and vibrant product development process, from concept through to launch, culminating with the potential of viewing the results of your efforts in the market place.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Minitab)
The individual must possess a valid driver’ license and have regular access to a vehicle as they will potentially need to work at various facilities located in the Metro Toronto area. Their primary location will be located in Mississauga.
For further information on Canada Bread Foods visit www.canadabread.ca.
Canada Bread is a leading manufacturer and distributor of value-added and nutritious fresh bakery products, including breads, rolls, bagels, and artisan breads. The Company markets products under a number of leading brands, including Dempster’s, Olafson’s, McGavin’s, POM, Bon Matin, Ben’s and Stonemill. Canada Bread employs more than 5,200 people in Canada. The Company was recently purchased and now operates as a subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo. Grupo Bimbo is headquartered in Mexico. Grupo Bimbo is the largest baking company in the world, with more than 125,000 Associates and 144 plants in 19 countries as of the end of 2013. With annual revenue of nearly U.S. $13.8 billion, it has more than 10,000 products in its portfolio and owns leading consumer brands including Bimbo, Sara Lee, Entenmann’s and Thomas’, and now Dempster’s, Tenderflake and New York Bakery.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Jenny Tian at firstname.lastname@example.org.