New Mutual Fund Data in CRSP
Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP) users now have access to new mutual fund data.
The CRSP Mutual Fund quarterly database contains historical information for over 30,361 (11,232 dead and 19,129 live funds) open-ended funds, including equity funds, taxable and municipal bond funds, international funds and money market funds.
The data begin at varying times between 1962 and 2003 depending on availability and include:
• History of each mutual fund’s name
• Investment style
• Fee structure
• Asset allocation
• Monthly total returns
• Monthly total net assets (TNA)
• Monthly/daily net asset values
• Schedules of rear and front load fees
• Asset class codes
• Management company contact information
• Identifying information: ICDI number
Third party access is provided via the WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) internet platform (for academic and government subscribers only).
Lam Library Workshops and Presentations Fall 2008
So far this term, the David Lam Librarians have presented or provided instructional workshops for Sauder students at:
- 4 undergraduate orientations
- 1 ECM orientation
- 1 MMOR student orientation workshop
- 4 MBA orientation workshops
- 4 individual orientations with new PhD students
17 class specific presentations and workshops:
- 14 BCom classes
- 1 ECM class
- 2 Sales & Marketing Executive classes
2 research related workshops:
- 1 Do the Research; Get the Job session for MBAs
- 1 RefWorks for Business Researchers session
In the past two weeks, the David Lam Librarians have taught research skills to 80 students in the following classes:
- Sales & Marketing Executives, Year 2
- Commerce 459: Financial Statement Analysis
- Commerce 486M: New Venture Design
- Do the Research; Get the Job (for MBA students)
A new workshop, RefWorks for Business Researchers, created by the Lam Librarians, was attended by 3 PhD students last week. Further RefWorks workshops will be offered in the coming year.
Economist Intelligence Unit Report on Business and Sustainability
Doing Good: Business and the Sustainability Challenge is a report resulting from a global survey of senior executives as well as detailed interviews with selected CEOs and experts.
Click here to view the full text of the report in pdf
Carbon Disclosure Project Global 500 Report
This report, created by PricewaterhouseCoopers, for the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), analyzes the responses of the 500 largest companies in the FTSE to a questionnaire sent out to the world’s largest companies.
From the Executive Summary:
“This year CDP, backed by 385 leading institutional investors representing more than US$57 trillion of funds under management, has sent questionnaires to more than 3,000 of the world’s largest corporations requesting information on greenhouse gas emissions, the potential risks and opportunities climate change presents and strategies for managing those risks and opportunities.”
Click here to download the report in pdf.