53. Kayak

Thanks to a particularly awesome Groupon purchase, Little-Friend-Ber and I went ocean kayaking for two hours at Ecomarine’s Jericho location yesterday, all for a total of about $4 per person. (Regular price is $49 for a double kayak for two hours.)

Yeah, we’re good.

Also, I want to know why I didn’t do this earlier. This is only the second time I’ve been kayaking, but I loved it that first trial nine years ago and I love it now.

It was an utterly beautiful day, the breathtaking kind where the sky is clear except for the bank of clouds to the west, with plenty of sunshine, a cooling breeze and an intensely blue ocean. We saw several cormorants, seagulls and an eagle, and talked to each other about starfish slash sea stars. The beach we tumbled onto after our two hours were up was deliciously hot and dry and warmed us up in no time.

At the end of the afternoon, I introduced LFB to the ever-delightful Café Salade de Fruits before they go on holiday from now until the end of Labour Day weekend. Mmm, mussels and vegetarian lasagna!

Perfect days shine like golden beacons for the rest of the year. Thank you for coming out and making it one for me, friend. ♥

And the Day Zero list goes tick tick as I scratch another item off.

(Also, if anyone catches the 1920s English children’s story reference, we should discuss our reading tastes.)