Things I Love Thursday

Most interesting tip learned this week: If you want to melt chocolate, don’t use a double boiler. Steam can affect the quality and workability of chocolate. To melt, place chocolate in a metal bowl and blow dry the bowl. Now that’s something I’ve got to try!

Things loved this week:

♥ The chocolate-tasting workshop given by XOXOLAT (pronounced sho-sho-la) through the AMS Minischool on Tuesday night was delicious and informative. I’ve decided I’m definitely an 80%+ cocoa kind of gal.

♥ One of the awesome things about your parents being in town is that they buy you all the things you really want but haven’t got, like a rice cooker, blender and working toaster. There’s now so much more that I can eat!

♥ West Coast Swing is possibly my favourite form of social dancing right now. I’ve been learning swing for a couple of hours every Thursday night for the last while and it’s my newest way of being happy.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ZxiPKmacg]

Tessa Cunningham and Myles Munroe dancing improvised West Coast

♥ Grateful thanks go out to my lovely Speakeasy volunteers who trooped off campus with me into the dark last night to search for my lost phone. After peering at the very, very black ground for an equally black phone, we found it and ended my hour of distress. My brother just got me this new phone, too!

Kana Nishino’s ‘Alright’ is my feel better music on repeat for the week.

♥ Lastly, a picture a friend recently shared of a quote from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:

I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.