With love from the Tec Kitchen – Nutella Cookies

So I’ve been wanting to blog about my adventures this year so far with juggling academics, being an RA and involvement with the CUS.

One of the most exciting things is that I’ve started to bake regularly. Zoe on my floor is a master baker and the other girls like to bake as well and the boys are master taste testers.

This has been fueled by my ongoing perusal of Pinterest, so this is also a way to record this and see how things turn out.

I’m going to go back in time later on but..

Today in the kitchen. From this super simple post that I saw on Pinterest but then I looked online for a cookie recipe:

Nutella (Chip) Cookies

1 cup Nutella (I guessed)
1 cup Flour
1 Egg
3 tsp milk (I guessed)
some sugar
some water
handful of peanut butter chips

1. Preheat the oven 150 deg.
2. Mix all the ingredients
3. Bake for 10 mins

*So the reason that the ingredients are so iffy is because I’m not a big man of measurement and it’s hard to measure nutella (or I was too lazy to) when I originally made it, I didn’t add any water or sugar but the dough wasn’t cohesive enough so I added half an egg-shell of water and a sprinkle of some sugar. The second batch I mixed in the peanut butter chips.

[Note: most of the items can be brought from Hubbards (not: flour)]

Kenya from my floor was studying outside with the “Getta Boys” (Aneel from Hamber and Chris from Tweeds)(engineers). They were bugging me the entire time, and so they had half of the first batch and some of the second. Grace and Sharon were also there. I really can’t say no eh. 🙁

The real reason I made these cookies were for the floor reps in Tec to thank them for their hard work with Operation Christmas Child and to check in and see how they’re doing. Everything seems to be going well 🙂

Then Grace, Grace, and Sharon made oreo stuffed cookies.

sorry the colour is funny. my webcam doesn’t have the best quality.

They literally went to Hubbards since they wanted to bake but didn’t have ingredients. Picked up some mini-oreos and cookie dough.
Wrap the oreos in cookie dough then bake at 350 deg for 10mins.

*Funny thing: they turned the temperature to 350, but didn’t realize that they didn’t turn the stove from off -> bake. LOL

PS Aneel introduced me to westernized indian music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6U7Q-6Z7zo
I am very appalled.

Useful UBC Links

1. If you ever wanted to know about UBC statistics, reports, surveys and things like that, it would probably be found here. Students can find infomation about past average class grades. (under Data access).
Office of Planning and Institutional Research (PAIR)

2. Don’t know what to do today at UBC? check out this calendar of al
l UBC events
or if in a more creative form check out
http://whatthefuckishappeningatubc.com/

Books

Some books I want to read sometime in my lifetime but do not have the time now.

“Slow Death by Rubber Duck: How the Toxic Chemistry of Everyday Life Affects our Health” by Rick Smith, Bruce Lourie, Sarah Dopp

“A Confederacy of Dunces”
by John Kennedy Toole

Hope and Dreams

this blog is going to everything UBC. all about my adventures in Sauder, Computer Science, moving away and living at residence.
I want to take full advantage of everything offered to me at UBC.
I want to document it all- my entire first year.

There thought are all of my own. The opinions expresses on this blog belongs to me. Please don’t hesitate to comment and let me know what you’re thinking.

First Week

I think that one of the major themes of this year is BALANCE.

It’s something that has been mentioned many times during Frosh and also something that I have personally been thinking about. There is this overwhelming need to get invovled and continue all the great things that I was invovled in during high school. There is no shortage of oppurtunites and clubs and events here at UBC but at the same time it’s so easy to get lost in everything thats going on.

The first week of school was a breeze. Monday- Labour Day, Tuesday- Imagine Day Weds, Thurs, Fri – classes. For me most of these classes were super chill full of course outlines and grading schemes.
But now, into my second week, I am overwhelmed by all the readings that I have to complete and the assignments that follow. School is moving at such a fast pace and it’s mostly a self-directed approach to learning.

I need to actually stay on top of my readings and make notes on them. Write down any questions that I can ask during class and stop procrastinating. I’ll let you know at the end of the weekend if I get caught up.

School is overwhelming. I’m a keener student so I love talking in class and I’m looking forward to personally meeting all of my professeurs. They are there to help so I am going to try and take full advantage of that.