Old Sock Drawer

a story to tell, a novel you keep in a drawer

Old Sock Drawer header image 2

#002: Count with me!

August 29th, 2008 by Mary Leong

Currently listening to: “Role of a Lifetime”- bare: A Pop Opera

Three days left ’till the beginning of the pick-your-own adventure book I like to call UBC!

I suppose it’d only be polite if I did a real and proper introduction; goodness knows the bits and bobs I leave lying around can be confusing as I struggle to keep up with my train of thought (which, like time and tide, wait for no man).

I’m Mary, as you might have figured out by now. Born and bred in Singapore, I moved to North Vancouver in 2005 with my family on one of my father’s whims. As they say…good times. I’ve been struck by wanderlust and it’s my personal goal to travel to every Canadian province by the end of 2010 before spreading my wings to another corner of the world. (Great Britain would be quite pleasant, I believe.) I don’t know what else you might want to know about me, so feel free to ask, or simply check out the “About” page; the random tidbits of information should keep you well entertained.

In other news, I had a walk-in interview at the Marine Drive branch of Indigo today. I’ve been looking for a second job for ages now; my job at the North Vancouver District Public Library (Lynn Valley Main) has been positively delightful, but some extra income would be perfect – just the thing to fuel my next cross-Canada adventure! Hopefully that went well; I’ll be hearing from them by the end of next week, so I’m keeping my fingers and toes well crossed.

More inane natterings in a bit; I’m rather hungry and dinner awaits.

Tags:   · 3 Comments

3 responses so far ↓

• 1 Phoebe Aug 29, 2008 at 4:51 pm

What’s work at the library like? I applied to VPL but couldn’t make it to the interview because I left the country.

Good luck with the Indigo job!

• 2 Mary Aug 29, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Thank you!
    Work at the library is surprisingly relaxing, but it can get rather repetitive at times. As long as you like books and don’t mind re-shelving the same kids’ books all the time, you should be fine: the screaming children can get a bit much at times, but generally it’s all good.

• 3 Phoebe Aug 30, 2008 at 1:06 am

Ooo awesomeness. I’m thinking about applying at one of the UBC Libraries, so no bratty kids!