Old Sock Drawer

a story to tell, a novel you keep in a drawer

Old Sock Drawer header image 2

#013: Earl Grey would be rolling in his grave.

September 30th, 2008 by Mary Leong

Currently listening to: “Viva la Vida” – Coldplay

Today was a bad day for Earl Grey tea.

Having run out of aforementioned tea at home, I stumbled into Ike’s Cafe in Irving before my Arts One seminar in search for tea. It’s hard to describe how disappointed I was. The tea was digustingly weak, with the consistency, and quite possibly, the taste of (as they say in GB) gnat’s piss; adding sugar and milk merely turned it into a watered-down mess of vaguely milky-flavoured sugar water. Not pleasant in the least.

Event two for Earl Grey epic failure happened at work. Since I do not consider the product of Disappointment Numero Uno a proper cup of tea, I decided to get some at Starbucks during work. It’s always been quite satisfactory, and you know, a relatively good cup of tea (all things considered). Today, it was sorely lacking- repeat above, except with added vanilla powder. I still don’t know where it all went wrong.

I really must get to the Superstore tomorrow and stock up on some delightful Tetley tea.

In other completely unrelated news, a friend from Regina is coming to visit this weekend, and I am so terrifically excited!

Also, I’ve just found a song called “Je Reste Ghetto”, so I’ll be off to check that out.

Tags:   · 2 Comments

2 responses so far ↓

• 1 Phoebe Yu Oct 2, 2008 at 12:38 am

Ike’s is pretty disappointing in general… they always run out of things or things turn stale. Not good when we need to cram in Irving.

• 2 Andrew Li Oct 4, 2008 at 12:36 am

I haven’t seen where Ike is to be honest even though i’m almost always in Irving. And it’s weird to hear that Starbucks was disappointing for you; it generally does wonders for me.

I hope the whole tea situation turns around for you :)