Global Lounge Impact lab.

Date : 15th November.

I actively participated in discussions on project implementation and intercultural alliances. Investigated the implementation of a clean-water project under the supervision of the “Engineers with out borders” ; identifying the shortcomings and successes of the project. Discussed with club leaders on how to create a culturally inclusive society and how to deal with salient differences in values.

Investigating the clean water project.

Investigating the clean water project.

As the inventor of the HYDRA 256 artificially intelligent dam concept, I was particularly intrigued by the work of the engineers with out borders in Africa, and the implementation of clean water projects in Africa. The robotics prototype I invented in 2013 was closely related to the project we investigated; they both had the intention of delivering clean water to remote communities and studying this project during the impact lab exposed various unforeseen challenges and resolutions that could be useful if I can garner support to further develop the concept I invented. I was triggered to think more critically before and during project implementation.

I also found the intercultural relations workshop useful in reinforcing the idea I have always had whenever I meet people who are culturally different from me – that every person/ culture has a story behind it that you could yield new important ideas and customs that I could in turn inculcate into my personal set of values.

Sharing during the intercultural relations work shop

Needless to say, this work shop gave me momentous insights on how to relate to people of different cultures, (and global citizenship) and details on the process of project implementation. These are both vital for my future intentions to live and work both in and out of my country, and implement community projects.