Siddhant Malik

DSC_2127Mechanical Engineering 2018
Mechatronics

A little bit about me…
Sup. I am just another dude from the Surrey/North Delta area and I’m living the dream in my Mech degree. I am a total sports junkie, I will watch or play anything that involves movement. I love watching movies and the occasional walks along the beach under the moonlight. I’m all for helping the newbies out, so if you have any questions just holla at me.

I wish I had known before I came…
I wish I knew how difficult it can be to commute to 8am classes the whole semester. If you think you’re a morning person, just you wait. I also wish that I had known who I could contact if I needed help. I came to know that all TA’s love to help out and are very approachable and if I had known that at the start studying would’ve been much easier.

I chose mechanical engineering because…
TBH I was going to go into Electrical but I happened to go to one of the Mech information sessions and fell in love with the program. What got my attention was the mechatronics program. I loved how integrated the program was–you learn electrical, computer and mechanical engineering all at once, which I think is really awesome.

Mechanical engineering at UBC in one word…
A grind

What I like best about my program…
I like how a lot of our technology is based on mechanical engineering and my program really provides me with real life situations to apply the knowledge I learn.  I also love the team projects I get to do because I love getting my hands dirty and actually seeing something I made work.

Outside of the classroom, I am involved with…

• Chilling with the squad
  • Aero Design UBC
  • ASME UBC
  • Working with Mech Student Services
  • Futsal

Favourite moment/memory so far…
Probably chilling with the squad, late at night trying to finish our project. Mech 223 was pretty awesome if you enjoyed working with your team. It was very memorable because we had a lot of fun and joked around, all while working.