From Science Alerts comes a link to what looks like an excellent publication from AAAS:
Invention and Impact: Building Excellence in Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education
This is both a print and Online-Accessible publication – details are available at:
I’m impressed with the range of articles included in this volume. The report is divided into the sections below, each section contains papers that include research based teaching practices, faculty development approaches, and well, just good inspiring ideas! This is worth a lengthy perusal.
- Assessment and Education Research
- Successful Pedagogies (Peer-Led Team Learning, Just in Time Teaching, Case BAsed Learning, Peer Review… – WOW!
- Innovative Laboratory Design
- Visualiztion in Science Education
- Web-Enabled Learning Environments
- The Power of Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary Courses and Curricula
- Creative Approaches to Faculty Development
- Preparing Undergraduates for Research and the Workforce