Journey to Good Health

by Rick Byers on November 30, 2009

Welcome to the most festive or should I say feastive time of the year. By now, you would have already seen many commercials or print advertisements of imaginative, innovative and marvelous-looking examples of men and women at their culinary best accompanied by some distant memory of someone talking about losing weight and being quickly drowned out by a tidal wave of chocolate.

Believe me, they are still there, treading chocolate and waiting for the Christmas season to pass. 

Last week, I talked about portion control and maintaining a healthy diet. The reason is remarkably straight forward as eating a carrot as apposed to a candy bar: In order to have a healthier, more active and happier life style now and to keep the prognosis positive for the future.

Recently, my physician told me that the older you are, the longer you will take to heal from a medical issue. At the same time, we also discussed that the healthier you are, the quicker you can potentially heal from a medical problem.

Ergo – if you are older but have maintained good health, you can potentially anticipate healing at a relatively good pace from a medical matter. Ask any professional athlete, either twenty-six or thirty-six. We have read their stories.

Either way, I would prefer to walk the length of Granville St. and count all the restaurants than stop in at one, a few blocks down, consume a month’s salary worth of food and bus home.

It’s not worth it anymore. 

Then we would not have to make a New Year’s resolution about losing weight and could focus on the one that we say to our significant others every January:  That we will watch less NFL football this year.

After the Super Bowl of course.

Next week: The Christmas Party Tray Invasion.

Have a week of good health.

Rick

{ 1 comment }

Wellescent Health Blog 12.01.09 at 2:19 am

It is important to kill the whole notion of putting off healthy habits until some point in the future, whether it be the New Year or next week. There is never a good time to start getting into shape and eating well because the activity takes time and effort. Like sleeping and brushing our teeth, it is a necessity that when avoided eventually comes back to affect us so we just have to bite the bullet and start now…

Comments on this entry are closed.