2014? Bring It On!

Apparently I suck at blogging on a regular basis. Hence, this post will be a mishmash of various thoughts I’ve had since the end of the semester. Advance apologies for my scatterbrainedness.

I think my first semester went pretty well. I’m satisfied with my final marks, but what I’m most happy about is what I learned about myself and my study habits. I now know what I have to do to ace FREN 123 (do I see a future blog post on how to ace a foreign language class?). And I’m really looking forward to PSYC 102, purely for the different approach it will take from PSYC 101. And of course, Arts One is a never-ending cycle of aw-yeah-i-finished-an-essay-oop-gotta-read-a-book-and-write-another-essay-and-reread-the-last-book-and-oh-look-another-essay, but I’m looking forward to working with a new tutorial group and improving my writing even more. I also think the reading list for this semester is super rad (Freud and Jane Austen, anyone?). Basically, I’m excited to use what I’ve learned about my study habits/tendencies to make next semester even better. I’ve already made some little monthly calendars for each class for all my due dates, quizzes, reading schedules, etc. Time will tell how my new approaches will work, I guess. Is it weird that I’m actually excited to go back to school? It is? Ok…

Both of my final exams were on the same day, so I’ve had plenty of time to work and have some much-needed me time. I went back home to Edmonton over Christmas and spent some time with my lovely family and ate a lot and bought Tretorn rubber boots for a fraction of the price they are here. I’ve worked on reorganizing and decorating my bedroom, and I’ve also discovered the brilliant amazingness that is Supernatural nine years too late.

In the coming month, I’m looking forward to the Student Leadership Conference on Jan. 11th! I’ve had the opportunity to participate in similar conferences in the past, but not of the same scale and prestige, so I’m stoked. Anyone I talk to from the Blog Squad that has attended the SLC in the past has given me the same answer:

“I can’t quite explain it, but you’ll know what I mean after you attend it…”

It’s coming up super fast and I promise to blog about it!

Also, I was looking forward to Reading Week (and still am) but I think it’s messed up my FREN 123 schedule. As in, my first midterm is two weeks into the semester. Ah, uni life.

That’s all for now, I promise to blog soon and not be so neglectful of my duties this semester.

And hey, Happy New Year!