Pages

Blogroll

January 2010
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Reading the Research Literature Tip

I was planning not to post over the weekend, yet something important came to mind, I would like to share with you. As I was reading papers today, I realized that there is another strategy that helps me remember what I am reading about. This will be not a surprise to you – summarize the paper you read and write down how it might link to what you are interested in. However, the way I do it, is using a tablet ink technology and a software called PDF Annotator. So when I retrieve a paper in a pdf format (if it is another format, I can just create a pdf out of it), I put notes on it while reading. These notes help me pay attention to what is important and make the paper meaningful to me. YouTube Preview Image

Then entering the paper in the EndNote data base is not a problem. And the best thing is that I do not need to have piles of paper – it is all on my computer. I usually save one clean document in a pdf format and another document (with the same name but with the “ant” at the end) is my annotations to the paper. This helps me remember my readings better and be able to synthesize them when I am writing my own papers.