- New Paper in Progress: “Dreamers at a Distance: Rural Girlhood and the Promise of Education, BC, Canada, 1930-1950”
- Paper Presentation at the 2019 Society for the History of Children and Youth Conference
- Past and Present: Advocating for Rural Education
- Pleased to announce two awards…..
- New SSHRCC Insight Grant – “Talking Back to Victoria: Parental Advocacy for Rural Education in British Columbia, 1920 to the Present”
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Funded by a UBC Hampton Research Grant, I’ll start a new research project in the next months. It is entitled “The Land in My School: Children and the Landscape in British Columbia’s Past and the Enhancement of Environmental Learning.” This … Continue reading
I am looking forward to seeing the book in print in June, 2013 from McGill-Queen’s University Press! From the press blurb: In the first study of its kind in Canada, Mona Gleason explores how children faced death, endured illness, both … Continue reading