- New Paper in Progress: “Dreamers at a Distance: Rural Girlhood and the Promise of Education, BC, Canada, 1930-1950”
- Paper Presentation at the 2019 Society for the History of Children and Youth Conference
- Past and Present: Advocating for Rural Education
- Pleased to announce two awards…..
- New SSHRCC Insight Grant – “Talking Back to Victoria: Parental Advocacy for Rural Education in British Columbia, 1920 to the Present”
Monthly Archives: August 2015
My very latest research project is entitled “Families without Schools: Rurality, Remoteness, and the Promise of Schooling in Western Canada, 1900 to 1960.” In it, I return to the archival collection of the British Columbian Elementary Correspondence School Collection and … Continue reading