its almost 3 am

so to give a brief context for this, i have had a 4 month dramatic feud that i was not interested in being in, and it has just ended today with me cutting off all ties with the other person. it was for the best, but talking to her and listening to what she had to say actually related to my thesis!

i was going to do prompt 8, “the blind must walk where others lead.” what significance might this line have for the play as a whole?

my thesis was going to play upon two common phrases, justice is blind (kreon), love is blind (antigone), but i thought of another thing that i could use for my thesis after that fight, pride. i found the phrase ‘pride is blinding’, which i was going to link to kreon. this entire paper will be a kreon analysis/appreciation in the end… but think of it, that sounds so pretty!

love is blind, justice is blind, but pride is blinding

to love is to be blind, you fall in love and you become blinded by love, when you are in love you are blind

antigone is blinded by her love for polyneices so she does reckless things like defy the edict and the king, disown her own sister, confront the king about her actions

justice is blind, lady justice sees it how it is, she is unbiased, she is just, she is fair, she sees the situation with no bias, it doesnt matter who you are, justice doesnt see connections, relationships, familial ties, or any of that, with lady justice you could be a lowly beggar or you could be a ruler, if you commit a crime, you will be dealt the same punishment

kreon was blinded by justice, he wanted polyneices to suffer post mortem because of his attack on the state, nevertheless the fact that eteokles had his rule for far too long, polyneices attacked the state and thats what matters, he deserves to be punished, antigone defied his edict, she must be punished, she is one of two sisters left in the family but he doesnt care, she broke his law and she deserves the punishment

pride is blinding, when you think about it when you start to become confident and proud you focus on yourself and that isn’t a bad thing, focus on yourself, get yourself places, feel proud of your accomplishments, but don’t get too proud and don’t get cocky, because thats when you start to get self absorbed, sooner or later youre so absorbed in yourself, bathed in pride, that youre blind to the world, you have no concern for others, just yourself

and when you get pulled down from your high horse, you get stubborn, like

how dare you teiresias tell me that i am the reason the state is sick, how could i be the cause of this, my decisions and rulings are just (see?) and it will all work out my way-

i feel like this is the start of a good paper. hope you enjoyed that… “prose”. i mean thats a very rough outline of what my paper will be like, but as long as i can get my evidences and stuff detailed out tonight before i go to sleep ill be able to write a good paper tomorrow!

…and then play pokemon x.

-nicole