For those who liked the idea, here are some good news: we are continuing development of this plugin for our culturepedia project.
Here is the functionality in the nutshell;
- seamlessly integrate wiki pages, categories or searches into WP blogs.
- works as both shortcode (more here and here) and widget.
- content can be constantly refreshed (as wiki pages changes) or one-time brought in.
- the wiki content will be searchable by google (not the case with WikiInc).
- the wiki pages could be further shared by using embed functionality.
For example, if I want to publish all the pages from ubc wiki that are stored in both culturepedia AND idioms category, I should shortcode something like this:
[gimmiewiki -category URL:http://wiki.ubc.ca category:culturepedia,idioms refresh:yes popups:yes|embed|link]
Or if we end up developing a visual component, it could look like this:
Will get back with more!