PaulLee Wanna Cracker?

I’m leaaaaving on a jet plane

August 31st, 2012 · 4 Comments

It’s finally here. The moment I’ve been waiting for since I’ve received my admission letter. In a couple of hours I’ll be sitting on my Air Canada flight, leaving a city I’ve been in my entire life. I’ve finally finished packing (note: Packing for 8 months can be done in one night, but not if you want to be fully functional the next day), I’ve switched my phone number to a Vancouver one, I’ve said all my sappy, tear-ridden goodbyes and now it’s time to get excited!

I feel like I’m about to EXPLODE with all the feelings that are bouncing around inside of me! On one hand, I’m pumped to be living on my own in a beautiful, vibrant city at one of Canada’s finest universities. Attending UBC has always been a dream of mine and to finally be able to go is amazing. A little part of me (okay, a pretty big part of me) is super excited to be able to do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want. No parents to tell me when I have to come home, no brother to EAT ALL MY FOOD (I take food very seriously. It’s my one true love) and no more cramped high school hallways that smell like grade 9’s and Axe body-spray. Reading online about all the exciting first week events (pool parties and outdoor concerts? Yes please!) and reading about all the people who will be living in my residence building on the Salish House Facebook page has definitely made move-in day seem closer and I can’t wait!

On the other hand, I’m going to miss my family and friends (AND MY DOG) a lot while I’m gone. It’s a little sad to think that all of my closest friends will be together attending the same university and sharing the same adventures while I try an find my way around UBC all by myself (cue the Celine Dion soundtrack). Also, my inner cow is definitely going to miss my mom’s fantastic home cooking! My mind is racing with all these ‘what ifs”. What if I get lost? What if I forgot to pack something really important? What if I can’t make any friends because busting a move every time Call Me Maybe starts playing is socially unacceptable?

Despite my uncertainties, I cannot be more excited to be leaving Winnipeg tomorrow morning. I can’t help but feel as if one amazing chapter of my life is coming to an end and another is just starting. Fingers crossed I get there safely and I move in relatively easily! I’d love to hear how you guys are feeling too in the comments down below.

See you next week!

Tags: Excitement

4 responses so far ↓