PaulLee Wanna Cracker?

UBC’s Student Leadership Conference

November 29th, 2012 · 1 Comment

Registration for UBC’s Student Leadership Conference has opened up and I could not be more excited. Reading about all the amazingly qualified presenters I get to choose to listen to and the workshops I get to attend has actually got me excited for January to come!

For those of you who don’t know, the UBC hosts the SLC every year. From what I’ve heard (from quite literally everyone I’ve talked to) it’s an amazing time and a must-attend. The line up this year seems incredible and there’s so much variety in the workshops you get to attend. You can choose from workshops that touch on subjects you’re interested in, workshops for personal and professional development etc. There are workshops for public speaking, networking, how to use Google, analyzing romantic movies, tips on how not to be awkward, how to be “redneckognized” like Honey Boo Boo and a whole lot more. I personally chose to attend an improv workshop and a time management workshop (something I can really use some help with.)

I decided to register for the SLC with a good friend of mine (her name’s Kim Go. I think she might be a part of the Blog Squad or something…) just so we would have one presenter and one workshop together.

I highly recommend attending the SLC. Who knows, maybe you’ll actually learn something!

For more information about the SLC, visit their website at:
http://slc.ubc.ca

Tags: Events · Excitement

1 response so far ↓