PaulLee Wanna Cracker?

SICK :(

January 31st, 2013 · 2 Comments

Everyone knows that being sick is not a good time. But lemme tell you, being sick alone is THE WORST. I’ve definitely taken for granted how nice living at home is. Having someone to make you soup, to take you to the doctor, to check up on you every once in a while.

Back at home, I used to NEVER go to the doctor. (I know what you’re thinking. How did Paul even make it this far in life? Trust me, I wonder that too.) I never got sick enough to warrant a trip to the doctor. A couple days of rest and lots of sleep was good enough to fix me right up.

But here at UBC, it’s different. Really different. Missing class isn’t just a matter of having your parents call in sick for you, or having your teachers put aside the homework you missed. It’s all your own responsibility. You can rest and sleep all you want, but that’ll just mean you’ll fall waaaay behind.

AND LET ME TELL YOU, going to the doctor alone is probably the scariest experience ever. (Although, to be fair, I didn’t technically go alone. My ‘friend’ Cassie was nice enough to take me there and ‘comfort’ me. I use those words loosely because all she did was take pictures of me looking terrified and laugh.)┬áCall me a baby, but sitting in that waiting room was terrifying.

Good news: I’m not going to die, just a throat infection.

Bad news: I’m gonna be sick for a couple more and there’s no medicine I can take to make be fine sooner.

On repeat: I will survive-Gloria Gaynor

Tags: Health · Res Life

2 responses so far ↓