PaulLee Wanna Cracker?

TBDC (Ya know, like ABDC?) No? Alright then.

April 3rd, 2013 · No Comments

Hi. My name is Paul Lee, and welcome ……to TOTEM’S BEST DANCE CREW. Cue dramatic music and theme song

This past week I was asked by a Totem Park club called Rec&Rez to MC one of their events called Totem’s Best Dance Crew. It definitely came as a surprise to me that my name came up at their meetings but I was beyond excited to be considered. I told them I’d love to and was given a script and meeting times for dress rehearsal.

I’ve had some past experience MCing events back in high school with student council so it wasn’t a completely new experience for me but I was still nervous to get up in front of a bunch of strangers (and a couple of supportive friends) and bust out my inner Mario Lopez. Also being asked a little last minute and not exactly knowing what to expect was a little nerve-wracking but hey, university is all about getting out of your comfort zone, right?

But I think it’s safe to say that the event ran smoothly and everyone had a really enjoyable time. There were tons of raffle prizes, some great music and a lot of fantastic dancing. Being asked to MC an event like this and working closely with bunch of Resident Advisors was a great experience and good practice for next year… I’ll give you guys some more info in my next post!

Tags: Events · Excitement · Res Life

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.