PaulLee Wanna Cracker?

Get Connected

July 25th, 2013 · No Comments

I know when I found out where I was assigned housing I was ecstatic. I tried to find out as much information as I could on location, what the food was going to be like, room size, etc. But what I was most curious about were the people who were going to be living on my floor/in my building with me.

An awesome way to start getting connected to your house is to join their Facebook group. Every house has one and it’s the place to go to found out about big events. I remember before move-in day first year everyone was posting their room numbers, a brief introduction and the always popular phrase: drop by and say hi. To find your house’s page just search for “_____ House 2013/2014” and request to join. It’s a great way to feel a little more comfortable when moving in since you’ll already know some people and gives you something to look forward to.

And on a smaller scale most houses will have Facebook groups for their floors. It’s pretty much exactly the same as your house page except you’ll be updated on floor events (like maybe going out for dinner off-campus) and communicate things more related to living in your dorm (such as reminders to keep the bathroom clean or to keep it down during quiet hours or when you’re next ultimate practice is.) After joining your house group keep an eye out for your RA to post your specific floor’s group.

On a related note, I was recently notified that I’ll be RA-ing in Tec House in Place Vanier this upcoming school year, which I’m super excited about. I’ve already started connecting with the other RA’s in my house and I gotta say, the Tec team seems like a lot of fun. I’d love to connect with you Place Vanier people as well so as always: drop by and say hi!

Tags: Connections · Res Life

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.