The Faculty of Arts has a list of scholarships available for student to apply for.
- Arts Aboriginal Valour Award ($2,000)
- Eileen Clinton Award in Arts ($1,000)
- International Student Scholarship (scholarship[s] ranging between $2,500 – $10,000)
- Katherine Brearley Arts Scholarship (scholarship[s] totaling $17,500)
- Russ Patrick Arts Undergraduate Research Writing Award (available to Research Assistants working over the summer with Faculty). Written report required. ($1,800)
- William and Nona Heaslip Scholarship for 2nd year students ($45,000 over three years)
Each award has different eligibility requirements, please visit Arts Undergraduates for more details.
[Nina — please add info about department awards for undergraduates, including the departments travel award for conferences, the UG TA award, and the UG Honors award]
Also remind students that awards and scholarships will be announced in the Engage Sociology newsletter and that they should read it!
Tips for Applying for Scholarships
- Check if you are eligible
It is important for you to find out what scholarships you are actually eligible for because you won’t be eligible for them all. You don’t want to spend time putting together an application for a scholarship you don’t even meet the criteria.
- Include all required information
An application with missing items does not make the best first impression. You need to fill out the application form carefully and completely.