I just voted. Go vote!
I’m surprised that there hasn’t been any formal betting going on as to who’s going to win the UBC AMS elections of 2009. Here are my predictions (not necessarily who I voted for … in most cases actually, I like rooting for the underdog).
- President: Blake Frederick will beat Alex Monegro by a hair, unless enough commerce kids are rallied to get off their blackberries for a second and vote. I wish Paul got involved with the AMS earlier. Charisma + experience = success.
- VP Academics and University Affairs: Johannes Rebane, with Sonia Purewal as a close second thanks to the condorcet voting system
- VP External: Tim Chu, because his facebook group has double Iggy Rodriguez’s number 🙂
- VP Administration: Tristan Markle, followed by Crystal Hon who try as she might would not awaken the “silent majority”. Kommander Keg will draw a significant number of votes and inspire a revival in future ams elections.
- VP Finance: Tom Dvorak, due to prettiness (haha OH GENEVIEVE!)
- Board of Governors: Andrew Carne for sure, call it intuition, everyone else iffy
- Student Legal Fund Society: no idea, half the candidates didn’t even bother sending in write-ups for the AMS page, are we talking about activism here?! To quote Genevieve, “It will be the six people that manage to get all of their roommates to vote for them”.
- Voter-funded Media: UBC Insiders takes a huge chunk out of the money pot for its long establishment. The Devil’s Advocate and The Radical Beer Tribune draw similar number of votes. The UBC Spectator falls a nice fourth and AMS Gossip Guy is swarmed by crazy GG fans dressed in skanky private school outfits and red tights, never to be seen again.
Don’t want the chips to fall this way? VOTE TODAY.