If you had to make 7 things mandatory for each first year at UBC to do, what would they be? – Matt Corker
Excellent, excellent question Matt. Here it is in brief and I will expand this into a blog post one day.
1. Attend the Pep Rally on Imagine Day and cheer your heart out
2. Join a club, council, or association on campus (shameless promotion: International Business Club, for example)
3. Take a interest in the AMS candidates and vote in the AMS election
4. Take advantage of free swimming at the aquatic center
5. Visit the Rose Garden and trek down to Wreck Beach
6. Read the Ubyssey (optional: and comment on UBC Years and all the lovely people on the Blogsquad :D)
7. Visit all of your TAs and Profs during office hours, at least once; bonus points if you discuss non-homework related topics
Seven items are so short! The Ubyssey also published a 90 Things to do Before You Graduate UBC back in September, check it out, doing all of them might not be recommended hehe.
What’s the meaning of life? – Krys
What was the lowest moment of your life, and how did you get out of there? – Lisa
Is this supposed to be one of those deep, thought-provoking, soul-searching questions that uncovers the mask I have been hiding behind, only to unveil behind it a hapless kindred spirit toiling without rewards? Of course not! The lowest moment of my life was probably when I went on a trip to Alberta and we went deep inside this cave that was at least a few hundred meters below sea level. I got out of there by taking a mining cart with the rest of the tourist group.
Where did you encounter the word “loquacious” and what does it mean? – Jason Yang
Easy question Jason, thank goodness! I encountered “loquacious” in my SAT prep days (remember those? haha). It means being excessively verbose or chatty, much like this blog.
What/who inspires you the most in life? – Travis
Of course it’s you, Travis. Other than my hardworking VP Finance, I am inspired by one particular quality: selflessness. To give up wealth or your own emotional well-being to service others is truly admirable. I’m also inspired by people who have overcome significant challenges to come out a new and better person.
How much sleep do you get every night? – Tysune
Usually between 5 and 6.5 hours. 9 hours on weekends. I feel bad now. Eastwood is going to come and tell me what up!
How much actual studying do you do during the school year on a usual day? – Tysune
Haha oh dear. I think about 90 minutes max, and then cramming before a due date.
Thank you for all your lovely questions! I picked and chose seven because that seemed to be the number we’re working with today. I encourage you bloggers out there to all take a narcissistic moment and have people ask your questions!