Welcome

Canada’s independent podcasters are a vibrant and diverse group of people. Since the fall of 2004, they have been developing original audio content in their basements, studios, cars and on the streets of our great country.

In the early days Tod Maffin hosted small podcasting meet-ups across the country and started a directory of Canadian podcasts. Once our early adopters became aware of each other, larger meet-ups were planned and eventually conferences like PAB and Podcamp appeared in Canada.

The Project

This website charts the evolution of Podcasting in Canada from September 2004 to January 2007. It reads like a book: through 9 chapters and many sections.

An interactive timeline of the history has been established. It can be viewed chronologically, cartographically and as individual podcast entries.

If you notice a podcast missing from this listing, please bring the omission to my attention.

I have relied heavily on the www.CanadaPodcasts.ca website and the Internet Archive to flesh-out this history.

★ If you have any concerns, questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: podcastingincanada [at] gmail [dot] com.