Biography

Page

My name is Priyanka Patel. I was born and raised in India and moved to Toronto with my parents at the age of 12. I graduated with a Diploma in Dental Hygiene in 2014 and started a Dental Hygiene Degree completion program in September 2014. Completing the degree in dental hygiene will allow me to expand my career opportunities into teaching, research, master’s program and much more within the scope of dental hygiene. My passion and compassion along with my education and experience allows me to provide the best care to my clients and bring oral health awareness in the community. I have been recognized with Preventive Dentistry Award in 2014 for excellence in oral health education and client care, and Professionalism Award in 2012 for consistently demonstrating a positive attitude, ethical behavior and a spirit of teamwork. I am planning to graduate in 2020 and hoping to see myself in public health or teaching in future.

I have been practicing dental hygiene for five years now. I practiced dental hygiene in Toronto for three years, and moved to Calgary in 2018 after getting married.  I love the west coast and rocky mountains and have been  taking my time exploring when I am not working or studying. Besides, learning and educating others about oral health, I enjoy spending my spare time in the community by volunteering for youth activities. Volunteering has been big part of my life since young age and will always remain the same. Between work, school and volunteering, I ensure to spend quality time with family and close friends to recharge myself.