Peace it Together

Last night I went to an inspiring discussion on how the arts can support societies in civil conflict.

I have to accept that I was there mainly to see Lila Downs, a Mexican artist that signs about indigenous identity and has a social justice focus in her songs.

I am super glad that I went.

The panel that presented consisted of women from different artistic areas presenting their work in using art as a medium for different actors to engage in beautiful conflict resolution.

I was absolutely impressed with one of the projects:  Peace it Together. This program uses film making as a way of bringing together and engaging Israeli, Palestinian and Canadian youth in discussions about how to create peace.

It is inspiring and beautiful.

Also, it made me realize that we are not only the future but also the present and we have to think creatively about how we can be engaged in our world and actively create spaces of peace rather than conflict.

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.
This entry was posted in International, Involvement / Leadership, Wellness. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Peace it Together