Higher Education Service

As a member of the higher education community, I am committed to service and to giving back to the broader community of educators, students, and staff. My commitment to service is both at a local level (i.e. within the University of British Columbia), at a national level (i.e. through organizations that serve educators in Canada), and at an international level (i.e. through organizations that serve educators all over the world).

Some of the service roles that I have held include:

Within the University of British Columbia:

– Student Representative, Department of Educational Studies, Academic Events Committee

– Student Council Representative, Society Culture and Politics in Education Program, Department of Educational Studies

Nationally:

– Founding Advisor, Student Engagement in SoTL, Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE), Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Canada Special Interest Group

– Western Region Member-at-Large, Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE), Teaching Assistant and Graduate Student Advancement (TAGSA) Special Interest Group

Internationally:

– Pre-Conference Planning Committee Member, American Educational Research Association, Arts-Based Educational Research Special Interest Group

– Advisory Committee Member, American Educational Research Association, Peace Education Special Interest Group

– Student Co-Chair of the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSoTL), Students as Co-Inquirers Special Interest Group

To visit pages that detail my higher education service, please see:

Board Experience

Committee Experience