A family BBQ for families living in one of Pacifica Housing Society’s subsidized housing complexes in Victoria, BC.
Since the age of thirteen, when I volunteered for the first time with a non-profit organization, I have been involved in many different non-profit organizations either as a volunteer or as an employee. I belive in supporting communities through supporting non-profits that work to better society as a whole.
Some of the non-profit organizations that I have been involved in include:
- Women in Need Community Co-operative (a non-profit organization that envisions a world in which all women have equal voice and opportunity to pursue their life’s purpose in healthy, sustainable communities)
- Canadian Cancer Society (a national, community-based organization of volunteers, whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer)
- Victoria Native Friendship Centre (a non-profit organization whose mandate is to meet the needs of Native people in in the Greater Victoria area by providing them with services and information designed to enhance traditional values and cultures of the Native peoples)
- Pacifica Housing Advisory Association (a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide innovative, affordable housing opportunities and support to people in need of such services)
- British Columbia Borstal Association (a non-profit organization that operates a half-way house in Vancouver, BC)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Victoria (a non-profit organization that serves children and youth in the Victoria capital region)
To visit pages that detail my non profit work, please see: