I am committed to disseminating the work that I have been engaged in, in a variety of peer-reviewed journals so that others can provide feedback and extend and use the work in new and innovative ways. The following publications are currently available in several different academic journals or are in press:
- Verwoord, R., & Poole, G. (2016). The Role of Small Significant Networks and Leadership in the Institutional Embedding of SoTL. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 146, 79-86.
- Williams, A., Verwoord, R., Beery, T., Dalton, H., McKinnon, J., Pace, J., Poole, G., & Strickland, K. (2013). The power of social networks: A model for weaving the scholarship of teaching and learning into institutional culture. Teaching and Learning Inquiry, 1(2), 49-62.
- Lee, Z., Jones, L., Verwoord, R., Iqbal, I., & Johnson, J. (2011). Engaging in a collaborative project as a team-building strategy during a period of organizational change. Journal on Centers for Teaching and Learning, 3, 21-41.
- Verwoord, R., Machado, J, Mitchell, A. (2011). Supporting Indigenous students through a culturally relevant assessment model based on the medicine wheel. Canadian Journal of Native Education, 34(1), 49-66.
- Verwoord, R. (2011). Participatory artistic quiltmaking for peacebuilding and peace education: Reflections on a workshop in the International Institute on Peace Education 2010 and on a research study. In Factis Pax, 5(3), 284-302. *Download at: http://www.infactispax.org/volume5dot3/Verwoord.pdf (open source)
- Korpan, C., Le-May Sheffield, S., & Verwoord, R. (2015). Teaching assistant competencies in Canada: Building a framework for practice together. Collected Essays in Learning & Teaching, 8, Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
Invited Book Reviews
- Verwoord, R. (2016). Engaging students as partners in learning and teaching: A guide for faculty. International Journal for Academic Development, 21(1), 86-89.
- Werder, C., Pope-Ruark, R., & Verwoord, R. (2016). Students as co-inquirers (Special section guest editors’ introduction). Teaching and Learning Inquiry, 4(2), 1-3.
- Fisher, L., Godden, L., Golparian, S., Haque, A., Keating, B., Korpan, C., Le-May Sheffield, S., Riel, A., Skorobohacz, C., Verwoord, R., & West, K. (2015). Introduction from the special issue editors – Quality enhancement: Teaching preparation for graduate teaching assistants. Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 45(3), i-viii.