As a Practicum Supervisor for students in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program in the Faculty of Child, Family, and Community Studies at Douglas College, I have mentored and supervised several students at different stages in their ECE programs. To date, I have worked with the following students:
– 3 students in the ECE Assistant Program (February – March 2013)
– 3 students in the ECE Part-Time Certificate Program (March – April 2013)
– 5 students in the ECE Assistant Program (May – July 2013)
– 6 students in the ECE Part-Time Certificate Program (May – June 2014)
– 5 students in the ECE Part-Time Certificate Program (May – June 2015)
As a practicum supervisor, my primary responsibilities: involve observing ECE practicum students in various daycare and preschool facilities; providing guidance and feedback to help students expand their practice; and designing and teaching practicum seminars to assist students to engage in reflective practice as ECE practitioners.