Piktochart is a website in which users can create infographics, banners, reports, and presentation. They offer a wide variety of premade templates that can be customized to suit individual needs. Users can sign up for an account free of charge using their email, Facebook, or Google account. As a registered free user, a selection of templates are available for use. When you arrive at the Pikto templates page, the free templates are located at the top of the site. Once you decide on a template you would like to work with, hover over to reveal the “preview” and “create” options. From there, give your creation a title. You will be redirected to an edit page.
Some benefits of Piktochart:
- There are thousands of free high quality icons and images that are built in and free to use- no need to search elsewhere for Creative Commons images!
- All the work is done on the Web, which means you can access the site anywhere without the hassle of apps or desktop programs.
- The interface is clean and simple to use.
- Everything within the template can be modified- colours, backgrounds, font, text size, etc.
- External content, such as YouTube videos, can be embedded into the template.
- This is a great alternative to using PowerPoint when creating your own presentations.
Piktochart also hosts a subscription-based service, otherwise known as PRO account. The PRO account unlocks all of the different themes, icons, and graphics, contains more functions, removes the watermark, etc.
To check out Piktochart, click here and a new window will open up for you. If you have any questions, feel free to drop by Scarfe 155 every Monday to Friday from 12-1pm for drop-in sessions. I will also be present for the Sandbox Sessions every Tuesday and Thursday from 12-2pm. Otherwise, send your questions my way to firstname.lastname@example.org!