Work resolutions that is… life resolutions include the normal things lose weight, climb 5.13, do a 3:30 Test of Metal blah, blah, blah… will post that on endurancejunky.com.
- Get everyone in our group to start using some sort of project management software… we have a license for Basecamp which no one uses as well as Active Collab would make the programmers more efficient.
- Do more security testing… WordPress plugins scare me haven’t been testing them thoroughly.
- Program more. Before starting at the OLT I programmed a lot and I liked it, makes my brain feel good. Now I do little programming mostly upgrading software, support, fixing other peoples code… Even if it is just a few plugins I will be happy.
- Learn Python and Django, I think Rails sucks. Python has a history, Python is used by Google, it’s used in science it has to be good.
- Write some certification exams Linux, MySQL and PHP etc. I know them pretty well after 8 years of using but never bothered writing the exams, might as well read the exam guides and get the letters “employers” like those things will sharpen skills also.
- Create one rock solid Web App that the greater open education community will use I have the idea have to convince the boss to let me work on it.
- Write better documentation.
- Go to a conference somewhere…