Visit our food blog!

My friend Veena and I recently started a food blog on Instagram.We’re committed to putting a new food post everyday so far and it’s fun. Veena is much talented talented at photography while I’ve been doing the marketing. We are totally new to the food blogsphere but so far, here are some strategies that have been increasing our number of followers are:

• Choose popular hashtags to maximize the chance of someone encountering your posts while looking at topics. Popular means several million rather than only a couple thousand. Don’t use hashtag that no one else uses such as #YOURNAMEHEREishappyandiseating. Good to know but it isn’t going to help your food blog grow.
  • Hashtag popular blogs in your topic. Since we’re a food blog, we use #teamchomp, #dhvanfood, #yvreats to attract the attention of foodies in the Vancouver area. Select your niche, look for popular blogs in your niche and then see what hashtags they are using.
  • Post everyday instead of all on the same day EXCEPT you should start with a minimum of 6 photos so that there is multiple posts that visitors can look at.
  • Right after you put up a new post, click on relevant hashtags and go like posts from other food blogs!!! e.g. Veena and I did a chocolate post so I searched up posts related to chocolate and dessert.
    • Build yourself a community. In particular, give extra love to posts from bloggers that are not widely popular yet. Posts that are nice but only have 5 likes instead of 10, 000 – pay attention to those. You get more return from investing in their content because that blogger is more likely to notice that you’ve liked their post instead of the blogger who may not notice your comment among 10, 000 other comments.
    • Be strategic about following other bloggers. You don’t have time to follow every food-related blog.¬†Again, think about your niche.
  • Anyone who likes or follows your blog, go check out their blog. If you like their content, return the favour.

coffee mont blanc at @beaucoupbakery on a rainy day

A photo posted by Veena & Shanna (@indecisiveeaters) on

Follow my blog with Bloglovin