About

My name is Sophia Valsamis and welcome to my Eportfolio. I was born and raised in Vancouver so I am proud to say that I am a true Vancouverite. My entire family is from Greece so I usually identify as being a Greek Canadian. I went to greek school in my local Greek community until I was in grade 6 and would consider myself fluent in Greek. For my first year of University I attended a small college called Corpus Christi, and transferred to UBC for my second year which began in September of this year. I am planning on graduating in 2020 with a major in Speech Sciences in order to pursue my goal of becoming a speech pathologist for children. This career has been a dream of mine for quite some time now because I wanted to live my life helping child in some way. Speech therapy never crossed my mind until one of my family members drew it to my attention and informed me about the various ways in which I can help people. I want a career which will allow me to form relationships with the individuals I am helping, as well as watch them improve and grow as people. My empathetic personality and love for children will hopefully aid me in excelling in speech therapy.