26 years and counting

Hi Everyone,

I have to say until the MET program I was a very non-techy person. I did not naturally gravitate towards technology and spent most of my career doing what I always did.

Suddenly I realized I needed to change how I ran my classroom and my teaching strategies. I explored options and interests and luckily found MET. The program has invigorated my teaching, planning and learning. It was the catalyst I needed to be excited again.

The courses I have taken and the other students I have met and worked with have taken me on a journey beyond my wildest dreams. Who knew I would become the person obsessed with digital story telling, social media in the classroom and most importantly makerspaces.

The project I am currently most proud of was the creation of the website makerspaceforeducation.com with Trish Roffey and Janelle Therien. I am excited to add new content and update with blogs (although not as regularly as I  would like). MET has been a game changer for me and I look forward to this course with eager anticipation.

Catherine

1. Catherine, I can very much relate to your experience. I can into MET thinking I was “techy” but when I watch my first introduction video I made in 2015, I wasn’t actually utilizing tech is a very pedagogical way. Coming back to school having been out since ’97, has really brought my learning and teaching mojo back! I love the term you used— “Game Changer”! ~Dana

2. It is so warming to read about the impact MET has had on yourself and your teaching. As a technology liaison for my school, I often encounter teachers who actively resist the digital realm. I can only hope that eventually they arrive at a point of open-mindedness that can bring them on new digital adventures as well.

3. Catherine, it’s great to hear about how you tried something new and kept an open-mind about it as per the comments. For me, this course platform is entirely new (edX/edge). I also learn something new everytime I return to the readings. So much to look forward to-thank you for your story, Samia